Serve Organizations and
Earn Money from Home as a
Grant Virtual Assistant
In this 2-Week
Grant Pro 101 Online Class
The Grant Professor!
Phil Johncock, MA, MMs, GPC, known as The Grant Professor, has been one of my Best Friends for over 10 years. We even hosted a grant conference together in Reno, Nevada, many years ago.
Phil is founder and lead faculty of the Grants Academy. In 1997, he designed the very first online class in grant writing and the first college grant certification program in 2001, in which students received over $1.2 billion in grants.
An approved trainer with the Grant Professional Association (GPA) and Grant Professional Certified (GPC), he has a 95% grant success rate with 70 grants written and over $10 million received.
Basically, he is a well-known expert and author in the grant industry.
What Is a Grant Virtual Assistant
What Does One Do?
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who helps business owners and non-profit organizations from home with secretarial and other online tasks of all kinds. As independent contractors, VAs set their own hours and own their own businesses. As we’ve seen in the past few years, those who worked from home kept working when the local business world shut down.
A Grant Virtual Assistant or Grant VA is a business owner who operates as a contractor or employee to organizations to help them research funders, design projects, craft effective applications, even manage grants, if needed.
Grant VAs learn how to access public resources like federal funding from the American Rescue Plan and upcoming Infrastructure bills as well as private grants for organizations in charge of helping our most vulnerable children, seniors, homeless, displaced individuals, unemployed, everyone hit hardest by COVID-19.
They also assist communities who need help recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
What Education Is Required?
Training to become a Grant VA is specialized so you don’t need a college degree to become one! You don’t even need a high school diploma!
In fact, you can be well on your way to becoming a grant professional in just 2 weeks, not 2 semesters, not 2 years. Phil has condensed his 40 years of knowledge and experience into a concise and specialized 30-hour training that teaches you everything you need to know without any fluff.
As successful homeschoolers have learned, one class taught by one professional can start a young person (or an old person, for that matter) on a course that leads to a fulfilling and prosperous career … without college.
Who Is Eligible to Enroll in a
Grant Pro 101 Online Class?
You are eligible to enroll in a Grant Pro 101 online course IF you work for, or are interested in helping or being employed by, one or more agencies who are grant-eligible:
- U.S. Nonprofits: 1,036,255 public charities (source: National Center for Charitable Statistics)
- U.S. Schools: 98,817 public schools, 33,366 private schools, 7,021 colleges/universities (source: U.S. Department of Education)
- U.S. Local Government Agencies: 89,004 (source: U.S. Census)
- U.S. Hospitals: 5,686 (source: American Hospital Association)
How Much Does a Typical
Grant VA Earn in a Year?
The average full-time grant professional makes $71,474.37 a year.
Do you really want to aim at being “average”?
Want to Hear What Phil’s Students Have Said?
“The E.L. Cord Foundation gave us $25,000 from my mock proposal created in your class. This past Spring, I took your online class. It has been absolutely invaluable to me. So far, I have heard from 2 grantors that I recently submitted proposals to. Both were funded! Thank You!!!!”
* * *
"This is by far one of the best online courses I have ever taken. I only wish I would have had this valuable information sooner."
Clark County Law Foundation
* * *
"For someone considering taking the course, I say, 'Go for it. It is worth the cost.'"
Las Vegas, Nevada
* * *
"I wanted to have a skill that I could provide to my current employer, and this (online course) was the perfect medium for me to learn this skill."
Las Vegas, Nevada
* * *
"It's worth the money. What I liked most was making grant writing seem accessible and not mysterious. I like the way the information is broken down in small bits, so each idea has some time to be absorbed and processed."
Las Vegas, Nevada
* * *
"It is worth every penny. Excellent course.
* * *
"The biggest benefit I got out of this class is the grant format. The format was extremely helpful and easy to follow. One thing that surprised me was how much easier writing a grant is when you utilize this format."
Las Vegas, Nevada
* * *
Evaluating other students' mock proposals is a very good method of seeing examples of what to do and what not to do. I didn't think about having peers also reviewing the draft proposal. I do better on a project when I am not rushed at the end."
North Las Vegas, Nevada
So How Can I Become a
Grant Virtual Assistant?
Phil is graciously teaching his 30-hour Grant Pro 101 Online Class for just 2 weeks in September, 2021.
When Is the Next Grant Pro 101 Online Class?
12pm-3pm Eastern Time
11am-2pm Central Time
10am-1pm Mountain Time
9am-12pm Pacific Time
What Is the Schedule of Topics
To Be Taught?
Below is a weekly and daily schedule of topics to be taught: four steps of the Win More Grants system (steps 1-4) and nine core competencies from the Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI #):
- Monday, September 13 - Develop Your Idea (Step 1) & Interpreting RFPs (GPCI #4)
- Tuesday, September 14 - Step 1 Continued & #1 Format in the World (GPCI #4)
- Wednesday, September 15 - Step 1 & Format Continued & Mock Reviews (GPCI #4)
- Thursday, September 16 - Effective Program & Project Design (GPCI #3)
- Friday, September 17 - Customize Your Idea (Step 3) & Writing a Convincing Case (GPCI #9)
- Monday, September 20 - Peer Rating, Review & Editing (GPCI #4 & GPCI #9)
- Tuesday, September 21 - Research Funders (Step 2) (GPCI #1)
- Wednesday, September 22 - Respond to Funder Decision (Step 4), Relationship-Building (GPCI #8) & Ethics (GPCI #6)
- Thursday, September 23 - Post-Award Grant Management Best Practices (GPCI #5)
- Friday, September 24 - Raising the Level of Professionalism (GPCI #7)
You’ll also receive LIFETIME access to peer reviewers!
Also, Guest Speakers will be joining you in class.
What Will I Learn in the
Grant Pro 101 Online Class?
There are over 100,000 grant-makers (private and public) in the United State. Over the years, experts have discovered that most funders want to see similar elements in proposals they fund:
- agency introduction
- need/problem statement
- project methods or design
- project evaluation in reaching outcomes/goals
- future funding after the grant is gone
- an itemized budget
This is the #1 grant format in the world and in this class, you will master it!
Interestingly, the Federal government also recommends these as the eight basic components to creating solid federal grant proposals.
Attendees will have a chance to critique and rate 2 sample proposals using our custom-made Evaluation Form using the 8 key proposal elements being taught.
All of this is designed to help you be comfortable with the format before you ever write a word. You gain confidence along the way! You will learn through a variety of proven online learning techniques including:
- Study questions and discussion
- Mock reviews of sample proposals
- Crafting your own mock proposals
- Peer reviews of other attendees’ proposals as well as your own ...a great help if you are just starting out or if you have written grants before.
Why Is It Called
“Grant Pro 101”?
When the first course was approved and offered in 2001 by the University and Community College System of Nevada for 2 college credits (30 hours of instruction), it was called “Grant 101” or “GRNT 101.”
In 2007, the Grant Professional Certification Institute (GPCI) began offering the GPC exam as an independently administered assessment of skills needed by a “generalist grant professional.” So, the course was renamed “Grant Professional 101” and shortened to “Grant Pro 101.”
On What Standards Is
The Grant Pro 101 Class Based?
Unlike most semester-long classes or two-year programs, in two weeks, Grant Pro 101 introduces you to all nine validated competencies developed by the accredited Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI) that is part of the Grant Professional Certificate (GPC) exam:
- Competency 01 - Knowledge of how to research, identify, and match funding resources to meet specific needs (15%)
- Competency 02 - Knowledge of organizational development as it pertains to grant seeking (06-09) (10%)
- Competency 03 - Knowledge of strategies for effective program and project design and development (20%)
- Competency 04 - Knowledge of how to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application (25%) ● Competency 05 - Knowledge of post-award grant management practices sufficient to inform effective grant design and development (7%)
- Competency 06 - Knowledge of nationally recognized standards of ethical practice by grants professionals (10%)
- Competency 07 - Knowledge of practices and services that raise the level of professionalism of Grant Professionals (5%)
- Competency 08 - Knowledge of methods and strategies that cultivate and maintain relationships between fund-seeking and recipient organizations and funders (8%)
- Competency 09 - Ability to write a convincing case for funding (20%)
Do I Have to Have Written a
Grant Proposal Before?
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never written a grant proposal before or even if you've written a few. Most expert grant writers tell us that they wish they had training like this when they were thrown into the grant profession with no training. You'll find tremendous value in what you learn or we’ll refund your money!
Will I Be Able to Write a Successful Grant Proposal
After Completing This Class?
Most graduates write at least one successful grant proposal shortly after completing the course. Many even submit the mock proposal they craft in class.
Are the Textbooks Included in the
Cost of the Grant Pro 101 Class?
Absolutely! Unlike other classes where you pay separately for your textbooks, your two textbooks are included with your fee:
- Program Planning & Proposal Writing by Norton Kiritz
- Dream-Making to Billions: Grant Writing Tips from the Experts by Phil Johncock
On your behalf, we have purchased the last remaining copies of these hard-to-get but highly-sought-after books. You can only access them as a student enrolled in the Grant Pro 101 class!
A packet with your textbooks will be mailed to the address on your online registration form within 2-3 working days of your enrollment!
How Can I Become
Grant Professional Certified (GPC)?
Grant Pro 101 prepares you by introducing you to the nine core GPCI competencies needed to pass your GPC exam and gain your GPC credential. The GPC exam is offered independently through the Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI).
To be eligible to take the GPC exam, you must have completed at least 5 successful grant proposals over the past 7 years.
You also must have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the grants field within the past 5-7 years.
Eligibility is based on education, professional experience, professional practices and community involvement.
Graduates of the Grant Pro 101 class are encouraged to study for and take the GPC exam as soon as they are eligible. To help prepare, graduates are invited to take the Grants Academy’s advanced GPC Exam Prep class online when they are eligible and ready to take the GPC Exam!
Is the Grant Professional Certified (GPC)
Yes, it is!
According to Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI), "On May 31, 2019, the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) granted accreditation to the GPCI and the GPC credential for demonstrating compliance with the NCCA Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs.
The GPC is the first professional credential for individuals working in the grants field to be recognized by NCCA. The GPC credential, which has been in use since 2007, is the only experienced-based exam of its kind."
Do You Have a Guarantee?
Absolutely! We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - All Grants Academy online classes come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee that you cannot find anywhere else!
We will refund your class tuition if you are dissatisfied.
What Is the Cost of This Training?
Just $997/per student
Compare that to the cost of a college education! This is win/win education.
Deadline to Register Is
Midnight, Wednesday, September 8
To become a Grant VA
For Just $997 per student!
Members, get your discount coupon code inside the membership area of the site. Basic members get $50 off, Proteges and Inner Circle members get $100 off.Click Here